"P.S. I Love You" Truffles
taken from The Joy of Baking
8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
2 Tbsp alcohol (cognac, brandy, rum, bourbon, Kahlua)
Note: Truffle taste directly correlated to quality of the chocolate you use
Coatings for Truffles
Dutch-processed Cocoa Powder
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat cream and butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Immediately pour over the chocolate and stand for a minute or two. Stir until smooth.
- If desired, add liqueur.
- Cover and refrigerate until truffle mixture is firm (several hours or overnight).
- Place coatings for truffles on a plate. Use your hands, small ice cream scooper, or small spoon to scoop truffle mixture into small round balls.
- Roll ball in coatings and place on parchment lined baking sheet or tray.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Can be refrigerated for a couple weeks, or frozen for a couple months.
- Serve at room temperature. Makes 30 small truffles.
Nikita, I dedicate this post to you. Cheers to our living room dance parties, Glee sing-offs, wardrobe consultations, and late night chats. You are a faithful friend and roommate, and I love cooking shoulder to shoulder in our cozy kitchen.
P.S. I love you,